MAN 47, BURNS HOLE IN THROAT AFTER EATING WORLD’S HOTTEST PEPPER

A MAN has been left eating through a feeding tube after he burned a hole in his throat by eating the world’s hottest pepper.

The 47-year-old American ate a burger covered in a puree made from Bhut jolokia, also known as THE ghost pepper (Myth has it that the Ghost angle is due to the versions of accounts that state once you consume the pepper you start seeing ghosts or you evntualy turn to a ghost)

It comes from India and is usually a luminous orange.

After eating the incredibly hot vegetable he started to vomit, and carried on throwing up so violently he tore a hole in his eosphagus.

He then began to reel in pain and was rushed to hospital. Doctors scanned his abdomen and pelvis which showed a build up of air, fluid and food in his body.

He was then operated on and surgeons discovered the 2.5cm tear in the left side of his throat.

The Journal of Emergency Medicine detailed he had to have a breathing tube for two weeks to help with his breathing.

The man then had to stay in hospital for another nine days before being discharged and had to have a feeding tube.

Medics wrote in the publication: “This case served as an important reminder of a potentially life- threatening surgical emergency initially interpreted as discomfort after a large spicy meal.”
A tear in the esophagus is known as Boerhaave syndrome, and not many people survive it.
The first case reported was in 1724 by a Dutch doctor called Herman Boerhaave.

There are very few symptoms, making it difficult to diagnose.Many sufferers get sepsis or potentially fatal shocks.

A third of cases occur under unusual circumstances.

CULLED FROM THESUN.CO.UK

You might also like More from author

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.